Friday, November 27, 2009

Movies that make me cry - The Blind Side

Typically, my gauges of a quality movie are a) whether I fall asleep watching it in the theater and b) whether I cry. Will (or anyone else who has watched a lot of movies, or even TV, with me) will tell you that I cry a lot, happy and sad tears, but I really enjoy movies that make me feel. We saw The Blind Side tonight. I cried. I think I cried even more because it is based on a true story and I was amazed at the generosity of the portrayed family. We have so much capacity to love and give and so often let fear or the unknown limit our loving and giving. The story made me want to be a better person, to reach outside myself and touch someone else, to be a good person. It also made me wonder whether Faith thinks Tim (McGraw) is sexier bald or with the hairpiece he was in for the movie. I personally prefer him in a cowboy hat and find the hairpiece much less attractive than a bald head. Just sayin.

1 comment:

Megan said...

Me, Chels, Kait, and Cassidy all went to see this last night. We loved it but no tears were shed. I had my moments but I think I am trying so hard not to cry other times that I couldn't even cry when I was so touched. haha. Maybe I am losing my crying sense. I didn't cry when we watched My Sister's Keeper today either. Wow. Maybe I don't have feelings anymore? haha. I'm glad you guys were able to see this. It is a must own for sure! Love ya! :)