I have been trying to cut back travel for work since Will now has a job and can't just travel with me at my whim. I've stuck to day trips and one three-day trip to Eugene and have been saying no to almost everything else (except the three-week June adventure just on the horizon).
However, in January, a colleague of mine invited me to attend a think tank meeting in Albuquerque. I think she was really surprised when I said yes. I told her I could go as long as my aunt Kathy was available to watch Liam while I was at my meetings. Luckily, Kathy agreed and Liam and I were off!
I was a little nervous about leaving Liam all day. I've only left him all day with Will and was nervous about him being with someone new. My nerves were for naught. He loved Kathy and especially loved playing with Sheba. Sheba (the dog) was very protective of Liam and an excellent babysitter. I am so grateful for extended family that I love and trust and that love me enough to take on a baby for two days! Kathy let Liam unload her bookcases, chew on her cables, and basically made him want to hang out with her because she is much more fun than his mom.
I also enjoyed spending time with Kathy. We had some great talks, as always and ate good food, as always. Love you, Kath!
He was really distracted by Sheba when we were taking these pictures. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment